Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Torture....I mean Moving

So.....I have figured out what the best form of torture is.....wait for it.....wait for it.....okay.....you ready??? Moving! I like being in a new place, having a new space to decorate and I especially love the fact that I will be saving nearly $400 a month in rent but the actual act of moving all of my "crap" (that is what my family affectionately calls my stuff) from one-well broken in place to another clean slate "no socks stuffed in random places....yet" place, just isn't much fun!

I want to thank my family members who have helped me move my crap stuff from one place to the next a few times over the past 10 years. I also want to thank my GREAT, WONDERFUL, friend-for-life Heather! Everyone deserves and needs to have a Heather in their life. I am truly blessed to have her as a friend. Also, thank you to Whitney for all of your help and I am super excited about all the fun we are going to be getting into.

So.....do you have any plans to move in the near future? If so....can I encourage you to think of a few small points before taking the plunge?? A) is this move vital? Will it help you to save money or time in any way? B) could this move not wait until the fall or winter when its not 2,000 degrees outside and the air is a thick as molasses? C) are you a masochist/sadist/emo (that one is for my sister) and just looking for a way to harm yourself or others? D) can your body withstand the enormous amount of torture you are about to put it through? E) can you afford to pay whatever its going to cost in damages because your dog sucks sometimes? F) can you tolerate your friends and family calling your cherished belongings "crap"? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions (except C obviously) then you are officially prepared to torture yourself move! Have fun!!

No comments: