Thursday, May 29, 2008

Glory to God: Resurrection 2007 (written 1/15/2007 on myspace)

So…this weekend was AWESOME. We took the middle schooler's to ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Gatlinburg, TN to the Resurrection conference with 8,000 other kids. Johnny V was the speaker and he was AMAZING. He was such a great speaker. Really grabs your attention but tough at the same time. He nailed me at my core at some points. He reminded me that its my job to be a disciple of Christ, to spread the Truth, to be a part of the "resistance" of satan. They did several slide shows on the genocide going on in Sudan and Darfur which I am really sensitive to. The kids didn't even know about the things going on in those places and were really sad to hear about it when we talked about it.
..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Starfield was really great too. They so much enjoy what they are doing and actually sing with smiles on their faces. I love it when artists are so into their music that they close their eyes and sing with everything they have. I especially love it when musicians are Christians and they are doing this because I know they aren't singing for me or the others in the crowd, they are singing for Christ, singing straight up to heaven. This was Starfield. They had great stage presence and captured the heart of everyone in the audience because it was so apparent that they LOVE Christ. We were fortunate enough to meet them and they were very sweet guys.

I was really convicted this weekend and last weekends' trip to Windy Gap. I have allowed "things" and "desires" to get in the way of my personal relationship with Christ. I have turned to inanimate objects for comfort rather than to Jesus. I have left personal disappointments and desires to distract me. God knows I'm doing this, I know I'm doing this but I still am doing it, I haven't been ready to change. God wants me to bring my burdens to Him, to seek comfort in the only place that I will have everlasting peace, His arms.

I am so blessed that God has called me to be a part of youth ministries both through my church and through Young Life. I never would have had the experiences that I had last weekend at Windy Gap or this past weekend at Resurrection if I wasn't a part of these two ministries. There is nothing like spending quality with the other Christians and the Lord.

The biggest thing that I have taken away from these weekends is that it is OUR responsibility as Christians to spread the Word and Love of Christ to others. Who else is going to do it if not us? I shouldn't let fear or anything else hold me back from shouting, yelling, telling everyone in my path of God's love.

Love always, in His name, April

No comments: