Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Sugardaddy

So...how excited was I when the engineering firm that I work for hired a new Business Development Director. Why, you ask? Well, that would mean that I have a boss...again...and would be able to resume the process of furthering my career development. So I thought…Things were going well for David and me. We were getting along really well and I felt that this new working relationship was going to work out brilliantly for us both. Not to mention...I was pretty darn psyched to be working for a man for once, perhaps there might be a little less drama in my work life??

I could tell that David was a "big plan" kind of person. He was (please ignore, for now, the use of past tense, as it will take away from the story) a big talker and I wondered...will he be able to back up all the things he is saying? Although I did like him and had high hopes of us being able to work well together, I couldn't shake this "used car salesmen" feeling I had about him (no offense to any used car salesmen out there). Of course, I hoped he could and would be able to back up his promises and all would be wonderful for me and Davis in the land of marketing for Wolverton.

Alas, my dreams would all come tumbling down one fateful day in August. I went go over to a co-workers house after work to hang out and found out the most interesting news about my new boss. Apparently the Friday before a few of my co-workers were watching the Dr. Phil show while working out in our fitness center. The shows topic....Sugardaddies. I'm sure your brain is making a beeline for the conclusion of this story but hang with me. If you aren’t beeline-ing to the end of the story then you are probably thinking, much like I was, why is April (April was thinking her co-worker) talking about the Dr. Phil show, rather than giving me the juicy details?

Well…continuing on…the husband of the couple who were guests of Dr. Phil was concerned about his wife's' desire to seek attention from a sugardaddy and felt that her relationship with her sugardaddy was causing a problem in their marriage...I know...imagine that! He was begging her to end that relationship, to no avail. Then...it happened. Dr. Phil turned to the sugardaddy to ask his input on his relationship with the man's wife. "Hey!", exclaimed my co-worker who was innocently watching a Dr. Phil episode. "That looks an awful lot like our new Business Development Director". So, she decided to call in another co-worker for a second opinion. Sure enough...it was David. Soon after, a small crowd was gathered in the fitness center and phone calls were frantically being made. The COO was called in...the CEO was called. By the end of the episode...anyone who needed to know our David was pimping himself out for sex (while representing our company no less), did.

Needless to say, the next week I was called into my previous supervisor’s office along with our HR Director so that I could be informed that my new boss was no longer with the company. How could this have happened? He wasn't even here two weeks! I was flabbergasted. I didn't understand. Why were my dreams being squashed by these two women? Surely there must be a mistake; I had just talked to him a few hours before! But no...sure enough after leaving that office, I noticed that David's office had been cleaned out and he was gone. It wasn't until a few days later that I found out why. ( I didn’t find out about he Dr. Phil show appearance until a few days after being informed my new boss was no longer with the company).

This could only happen to me folks. I mean how many of your bosses have been fired for being a sugardaddy?
Here is the link for authenticity's sake...or for entertainment
(you choose):
http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3687/?id=3687&isTip=&slide=4&null=null

1 comment:

MDSandB said...

April, i understand what you're going through but i suggest you to look for a sugardaddy outside your office. I would recommend that you use online resources to meet a sugar daddy. Sugar daddies are easily found through specialized online dating sites – the difficult part is nabbing them and moving into a real relationship. However i suggest you to go through Marrying a Sugar Daddy. They offer tips and advices pertaining to your situation.